for 20 serves
in 120 minutes
|pumpkin, raw|| 4000.0 gram|
|tomatoes, red, ripe, raw, year round average|| 2500.0 gram|
|dates, deglet noor|| 120.0 piece|
|onions, red, raw|| 2.0 piece|
|oil, olive|| 5.0 tablespoon|
|water|| 1.0 glass|
|black pepper, peppercorns, dried|| 1.0 tablespoon|
|salt|| 1.0 teaspoon|
|spices, pepper, red or cayenne|| 2.0 tablespoon|
|garlic, raw|| 3.0 clove|
|ginger root, raw|| 10.0 gram|
Dates pumpkin ketchup will surprise you with both its unique taste and how well it substitutes traditional one.
how to prepare
- Wash the pumpkin, peel it and remove the seeds. Then cut it into cubes.
- Peel the onions and chop finely. Take a pan with a thick bottom and heat the olive oil in it. Add the onion and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add pumpkin and season to taste. Pour water. Cook until the pumpkin is soft.
- It's time to prepare the tomatoes - scald them, peel them and cut them. Sauté them in olive oil and water.
- Pour hot water over the dried dates and set aside until they soften. Strain from water.
- Combine all ingredients together. Mix until smooth. Pour into jars and pasteurize. After cooling, set aside in a cool and dark place.